Bill Henry has been in the insurance industry since 1972. He began his career selling and servicing Fortune 1000 Accounts for Texas Employers' Insurance Association, National Accounts division. His Territory consisted of Dallas & Houston, NY, CT, OH, PA and NJ. Texas Employers (TEIA) was the largest writer of Workers Compensation in Texas and wrote the Texas Workers Comp for many Fortune 500 accounts.
Henry became Manager of National Accounts in 1979 and remained in this position until 1983, when McQueary & Henry, Inc. was formed. The division consisted of approximately twenty account executives and technicians with an estimated annual volume of $150,000,000. Any brokered account, “Captive” insurance company, or account domiciled outside Texas was written through National Accounts division.
Joe McQueary (deceased), former Senior V.P. of Sales with TEIA, and Bill Henry founded McQueary & Henry, Inc. in 1983, starting with no accounts and no employees. Until Joe's death, Bill was Secretary/Treasurer. He became President in 1987.
In October 1996 Bill assumed the role of Chairman & CEO of McQueary Henry Bowles Troy, L.L.P., a newly formed partnership between McQueary & Henry, Inc. and Bowles/Troy & Associates. The new entity now controls premiums in excess of $500,000,000 and is the largest independently owned insurance agency in Dallas and second largest in Texas.
Dallas Morning News' Top CEO for mid-sized companies (under 500 employees) in 2011.
BBA Finance (Money & Banking) from Texas Tech University, 1970.
• Four years on the Board of Directors for Independent Insurance Agents of Dallas (IIAD)
• Chamber of Commerce Board - Finance Committee
• Instructor for various courses presented by the IIAD on Retrospective Rating, Account Servicing and Account Production
• Texas Assigned Risk Pool Board – Independent Insurance Agents of Texas representation
• Director – Signal Mutual (Group Self Insurance Program for Federal Workers' Compensation)
• Chairman of various insurance company Agents Councils
• Director – Signal Administration of Delaware
• Advisory Director – Bank of Texas
• Director/Treasurer - Council of Agents & Brokers (association of the largest Agents & Brokers in America)
• Impac Regional VP for Independent Insurance Agents of Texas
• Senior Source Board of Directors
• Founding Chairman Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation of Texas/Southeast
• Advisory Committee Rawls School of Business Texas Tech University
• LeTourneau University Workplace Ministries Board
• 2013 recipient of Independent Insurance Agents of Texas Drex Foreman Award